We've spent the last two days in Amsterdam and have enjoyed this beautiful city. The canals are beautiful. The bikes here are crazy. I think there are more bikes than people in Amsterdam. Everywhere you look there are tons of bikes parked. And these people are serious about their bikes. I saw one with three additional seats on it so that you could fit the whole fam. I guess that was the mini van of bikes. Yesterday we went to the Van Gogh museum, which was pretty cool, and we went to the Anne Frank house, which was great. Somehow I made it through school without ever being required to read the Diary of Anne Frank, but it's definitely on my list to read now. We also walked through the Bloom Market, which is probably pretty spectacular in the spring. This time of year they are only selling bulbs. Today we went to the Heineken brewery. It was a very fun tour. We also visited the Brouwerij 't IJ. It was a brewery inside a windmill. They didn't give tours of the brewery but we did enjoy their brew. Tomorrow we are heading to Dusseldorf, Germany.
Beautiful Canal
Would you wear a wooden shoe?
Statue of Anne Frank
There wasn't really a good outside shot of the house and photos were not allowed inside.
Some people like to ride in style.
Heineken Brewery
Heineken
Brouwerij 't IJ
I ave been there! I have been in that shoe! I have been reading and not commenting, but it looks like a WONDERFUL trip thus far!! I LOVE the last picture super cute!!
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie and Todd,
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed being your virtual sherpa. The pictures and comments are perfect. I thought the very same thing about the Harry Potter bridge. If I don't retire to work at the beach bar I want to live in Amsterdam. The taxes may be high, but the living is good. I could work in a bar there except I can't speak Dutch. Alas. You all look very happy! Have fun in Germany!
The photo of you two as some kind of strange, seventeenth-century beer-drinking farming couple who live near windmills = my favorite photo yet! (And that's really saying something...)
ReplyDeleteTake a daylight walk through the redlight district, then travel to Bols Distillery for unique libations, followed by a walk through the Flower Market(s)! The order of events can be re-arranged to meet your scheduling needs....but all are facinating experiences. Continue to enjoy and share your experiences...lots of fun!
ReplyDelete